My dad and Josh
This gives you a little idea of the amount of snow...this was taken in my grandma's driveway after they were able to get some of the snow cleared out...
Josh, Bridger and I went to Island Park, again...my grandma has a cabin there. We just went there in December, but my dad and Josh wanted to go ice fishing. So, we went up there with my mom and dad. First of all, I must admit I was very nervous about going...we were told there was 8 feet of snow...luckily it was only 5-6 feet! The roads were great, so that was awesome! When we got there, though, the driveway was not plowed...it was supposed to be. So, we had to hike through the 6 feet of snow up to the house. My dad and Josh loaded things in sleds and took several trips back and forth. They finally were done and had to park the truck down the road in a neighbor's driveway that was plowed. The following day my dad and Josh went fishing, but had no luck due to a new fish that had been introduced into the lake...too bad for them! The following day it was really windy at the lake, so they just rode snowmobiles. Meanwhile, my mom, Bridger and I watched many movies, played a ton of games, played in the snow...and just tried to not go too stir crazy. Normally when we are up there, there are a lot of people with us...so it was a little weird! Anyway, overall the trip went well but I would like to go somewhere warm and preferably with no snow in sight...maybe California or even St. George would thrill me now!!



3 comments:
How fun to get away even if it is with a LOT of snow! I do love the orange hat you were wearing. It was quite the fashion statement!! I also love the picture of Bridger being superman! He is a very cute little boy. He has the cutest face and I can't help but smile when I see pictures of him!!!
I love all the pictures of Bridger and you in that adorable orange hat!:) It' so fun when they sart saying funny stuff on a daily basis! It make me realize us moms have the BEST job ever! I'm glad you guys stayed warm in ONLY 5-6 feet of snow! Holy mocus! That is tons!
You guys look so cute! How fun. I'm jealous we had only one day of snow that lasted only hours. It's funny we're praying for snow and it looks like your just the opposite.
Post a Comment