
Christmas Eve my parents, Whitney, Dani and JD came down to our house late that night, so that they could be here for Christmas. My other sisters were going to in-laws for Christmas, so I thought it would be fun to have everyone else down for Christmas. I love Christmas, everything about it...I love our Savior and his birth and the reason we celebrate. I love the feeling of giving, the music, the traditions, everything. I think it is especially wonderful when you have little ones...they are so fun and make Christmas that much more exciting! It was great to have my family down here with us. Our tree looked overloaded with all the gifts, by the time you factored in all the gifts my family brought down. Santa was good to the kiddos...Kenna got a bunch of clothes, books, a musical tea set, and more. Bridger got a game, books, clothes, and wait for it...a dog...yep, can you believe it?! I won't go too much into that for now...that could be a post in and of itself...us and a dog....I'll let you know how that is going. Anyway, Bridger was so excited he could hardly stand it...he didn't know what to do. Santa left a note saying there was one more gift in the garage, so he ran there and when he saw a dog he was giddy! He wanted to know if that was really for him, and he asked Josh if he was really going to let him have a dog! He named (with a bit of help to avoid him duplicating names of dogs he already knows) his dog Dasher...Dash for short. Dasher is a cute dog, a ridiculous amount of work, but it made Bridger's Christmas and he still loves the dog! Josh and I got a folding table and folding chairs from my parents...we were very excited about that because every time we have people over, we never have enough chairs. Josh gave me some adorable shirts and sweaters (I was so excited for that because I've been in dire need of clothes...lol) and a couple of gorgeous pictures of Christ. I gave him some shirts (he was not too excited about that ;)) and a nice pair of snow pants. After all the present excitement, we cleaned up the best we could, and got to work on dinner. We had turkey, stuffing, rolls, jello, salad, potatoes and gravy, and brownies. It was super delicious! After eating, my family headed home. It was great to have them here and it was an awesome Christmas!

Josh's great grandma was in town, so we got them all together for a 5 generation picture...pretty crazy because it's not very often that you can get 5 generations!

Julie...Feli...Neil

Kayley...

Yep, dark and cheesey...lol

Mark...

Kenna loves her candy...

...Opening Rocky...

Rocky...it's a pretty cool toy...I think Uncle Adam did a great job picking out a perfect toy...
We spent Christmas Eve with Josh's family. We had a delicious dinner, enjoyed visiting, had a little Christmas quiz, and then present time. We were very spoiled! Josh got Call of Duty for the Xbox, a book, and a tie...I got a super cute coat and scarf, Bridger got a remote control car that flips over, Rocky the Robot Truck (from Adam and Ashley), an airplane that you paint (from Adam and Ashley also), and clothes...Kenna got very cute clothes, books, a doll, and a glow worm. We also got an awesome DVD that Feli, Neil, and Kayley made of the kids...I absolutely love it and would have to say it is my favorite gift because it captures my kids at this age and some of the things that I love about them. I'll have to post that on here sometime for anyone who wants to see it...it is seriously awesome! We had a great time with everyone and it was fun to just all be together! When we got home, we let Bridger open his Christmas jammies, he quickly put out cookies and watched me throw out the reindeer food because he was so tired...then he was excited to go to bed so that Santa could come!
5 comments:
Looks like you had fun!
I can barely keep up with two kids-- I don't know how you do it with a dog too!
Your christmas looks like it was so much fun. I love your dog, so cute!
Cute pictures, we are the same way with taking pictures on Christmas. We video and forget to take pictures. I think I have like 2 of this past Christmas!
Wow -- I haven't looked at your blog in a while! I loved all of your new posts! Your kids are so cute! I'm glad that you had a great Christmas with family! And I can't believe that you got a dog!! I don't think that I'll be ready for one of those for a really long time... :)
Post a Comment