Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter fun...


Bridger LOVES his teacher...she is pretty amazing!

Easter egg hunt...didn't get any pics of Kenna because Josh had her...




Working on Kenna's puzzle she got for Easter...

We had a great Easter! I love Easter...everything about it. I love the colors associated with Easter, the flowers, everything! I especially love the true meaning of Easter...the significance of Easter is so amazing. I love knowing that because our Savior, Jesus Christ, loves us so much he was willing to die for us and to be ressurected....that is incredible. Such hope and promise it brings to our lives...knowing that we will be ressurected one day makes life so much more meaningful.

We had a Family Home Evening lesson on Easter and the Ressurection to help the kids remember what Easter is all about. In addition to that we also talked about it often. We also enjoyed listening to conference, which was amazing!
As for the "fun" side of Easter, Bridger had a cute Easter party at preschool...I went in for a few minutes and snapped a couple of pics. He got to participate in an Easter Egg hunt at preschool and did a lot of fun Easter activities. We spent Easter weekend with the Johnsons. We went up early Saturday morning for the Kaysville Easter egg hunt...it was fun, but so cold...I love doing things like that though for the kids to remember. Josh and Kenna went into the field for 0-3 and I went with Bridger into the field for 4-6. Kenna didn't really get it entirely as to what she was supposed to do, but she was excited for candy! Bridger was funny...he raced to the center of the field and ran past a bunch of eggs, and then took forever to pick up any. He fell at one point and was freaking out because he was dirty! haha He did manage to get some eggs and candy though! After the hunt we headed over to the Johnsons to watch conference and visit. For lunch we headed up to Josh's grandma's for her annual Easter party. She does an awesome job with it! We had dinner, then the kids got to hunt for treats in the back yard and she hid gifts for everyone around the house. The kiddos ended up with a bunch of candy and cute new jammies! For the rest of the evening we hung out at Johnsons and dyed Easter eggs. Easter day was fun too! The Easter bunny hid the baskets and when Bridger found his he was so excited. He got candy, movies and a fishing pole! Kenna got a princess ball (she loved it!), an automatic bubble blower, and candy. They also found eggs hidden around the house....Kenna got into this too! It was so cute!!! We enjoyed an amazing dinner and then watched afternoon conference and headed home. It was a great weekend! Oh and I didn't get a ton of Easter pics because I was filming everything instead!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

I'm glad you had a great Easter. We did too. It's hard to get pictures of all the kids because you have to be in two different places. Poor Taya didn't get a lot of pictures because somehow she always ended up being with the one without the camera. I even tried to plan this year but I still didn't as many as I would have liked.

Jenni Call said...

What fun, cute pictures. Looks like you had a relaxing Easter. Love seeing pics of Josh's family.