Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!



Overall, we had a very nice holiday. December was kind of a month of many emotions. My sister, Jordan, got married, so that was very exciting! It was nice to see family that I haven't seen in quite a while. Her wedding went well, but it is crazy to think that my little sister is married! On the much less exciting side, Josh's grandpa passed away on December 18, so that has been pretty hard, he was a great man. His funeral was the day after Jordan's wedding...a little crazy! The evening of December 21, I went to Jordan's reception and Josh went to his grandpa's viewing. We really wanted to be able to make it to both things, so that seemed like the best solution. During these rough times, it was so great to be reminded of our Savior and his love for us.
Christmas was fun with Bridger. We actually opened most of our presents on December 23, because Josh had to work on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So, we basically just had Santa presents on Christmas Day. When Bridger opened clothes, he threw them and said "Dumb"...very nice(I guess he's a boy)! Bridger's main gifts were a sled and a toy box. He was scared of the sled at first, but soon came around to it and enjoyed playing in it for the rest of the day. When Josh got off work, we headed to his parents' house for a delicious Christmas Dinner and it was nice to be able to spend the evening with family.
The day after Christmas, we went with my family up to my grandma's cabin in Island Park, Idaho. Josh's sister, Kayley, came with us because she is the same age as Whitney and Dani and they all have a lot of fun together. We had a very nice and relaxing trip playing games, watching movies and snowmobiling. It was nice to get away from everything for a few days.
On New Year's Eve, we had Josh's sister Felicia and her husband, Neil, over to play games and watch a movie. It was a nice, quiet evening. On New Year's Day Josh went snow shoeing with Felicia and Neil. Now, we have a few days until Josh goes back to work, so we are just enjoying hanging out around the house. I need to get some pics from Jordan's wedding and Island Park (I forgot my camera for both, so need to get some from family members...when I do, I'll be sure to post them).
I hope everything is going well for all, and hope you have a very happy and successful year in 2008.

2 comments:

shae :) said...

I didn't know you had a blog. I was glad to find out you do. I love blogging, and seeing everyone elses.
What a cute family you have. I'm jealous for the snow you have. We still don't have any, but it's bitter cold here which makes it no fun.

The Hillan Family said...

Wow! You guys were busy. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's grampa. I love all your pictures! It looks like you guys had tons of fun!