The gardens were beautiful as always! We took this picture of Kenna on the grass(she hated the grass, note the annoyed look on her face!)...she's getting better at sitting up, but still doesn't stay up for long.
On another note, I had a CT Scan on my ear yesterday and found out I have to have surgery on it on July 17th. Not too excited about it, but at least we found it now. It's a growth called cholesteatoma (basically a benign tumor), and it has already eaten through my ossicle bones in my ear (responsible for hearing), so my hearing is bad. It will still be bad after surgery, but eventually they will go in and do an artificial bone graft to repair it. It's about a 5 hour surgery, so kind of long, due to the delicate procedure. They will go in, remove some of the mastoid bone, as well as the growth and then depending on what they find, they may have to restructure some of my ear canal. Some of you know that I am not new to the surgery thing...already had 13 surgeries, but that doesn't make it any easier. I am doing okay with it now, still not thrilled about it, but grateful they can fix things before it eats through more bone, etc. Anyway, I am posting all of this mostly so I can have it "journaled"...as I know this is just something to get through. We'll let you know how it goes once I am up and about after it's done!



10 comments:
I love that bow you have on Kenna's head. I want one!
The mustache cracked me up. And going to the gardens with it is so something that would happen here too, so don't feel bad! :) Good luck on your surgery, we'll be thinking of you. Let me know if I can help with anything!
Bridger is sooo funny. I miss him in primary (even though I have been released). He says the funniest things and is so smart!
I'm so sorry to hear about your ear. I hope everything is going to be okay.
Haha! the mustache is hilarious! I'm sad you have to go thru another surgery, I will babysit the kids and bring ya dinner and stuff, ok?
your kids are the cutest! Hope everything goes well with your ear surgery!!
Cute mustache!! Bridger is so hilarious. It seems those little 3-4 yr olds are always saying something funny. Good luck with your newest surgery. Hopefully your hearing will return...and your ear feeling better
what cuties! love the mustache and cute pics at Thanksgiving point. so sorry that you have to have another surgery - I will be thinking and praying for you across the ocean - wish I could bring you dinner! Best wishes.
What a bad Mommy!!! Letting everyone laugh at your son!!! LOL!!!
Good luck in surgery. Sorry I can't be there to throw fries at you afterwards.
Sarah, good luck on your surgery! We'll be praying for you. You'll do great, you're a pro. What is the fry story? I need to know! It sounds funny!
Wow another surgery! Sweetie you just love them don't ya! (just kidding) I remember coming up to see you on Wednesdays when you had the cast from your hips down, remember that!? Good times! Good luck and hope you start to feel better!
Post a Comment