Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What's up...

Okay, get ready for another mega post, since I haven't blogged in a while! We've been busy with a lot of misc. things lately. We're still trying to get things unpacked and settled in...it's taking way longer than it did when we moved to Eagle Mountain...not surprised since I now have a 3 year old and 6 month old. My sister, Whitney, stayed with us for a couple of weeks while she was taking a CNA course. It was great to have her here! It was fun to have her go with me places and to have an extra hand. She also watched the kids, so we went on two dates! Whoa!!! We also had JD down here for a few days and while he was here, Josh, Bridger and JD went camping at Topaz Mountain. They had a good time, but came home earlier because of a lot of rain. Now here are a few more pics of what we've been up to!
This "little" project consumed my life for way longer than it should have (6 days from start to finish). It turned out great, but took forever because you have to wait for each stripe to dry before you can tape over it. Anyway, it was a lot of work, but I love it and Bridger loves it!! Nothing is hung up on the walls yet...that will hopefully be done soon!
I am so excited that I finally got a sewing machine! I've been wanting one for quite a while, because I would like one to make skirts for me and skirts/dresses for Kenna, etc. I do not know how to sew, and haven't really sewn much of anything, but I am determined to learn! My good friend, Jenni, is super talented with the crafty department and she taught me how to make this cute outfit (she did a lot of the work), so we'll see if I can do more. I did make Kenna a skirt, but it isn't perfect...but that's okay for my first time, right?! Next project...4th of July outfit...good luck to me!

Uggh...and in the midst of all of this, I am dealing with a perforated (ruptured) ear drum again...super painful and can't hear much out of that ear! I did this 2 years ago, at Lake Powell by jumping off the boat into the water. This time, I did a somersault under water at the pool...yah, pretty exciting stories, right?! It never quite healed right the last time, and would still hurt off and on, and my hearing was not what it was in that ear. This time around is taking a lot longer to heal. I went to an Ear, Nose, Throat specialist and he has me on a couple of new medications to hopefully get it taken care of.
Well, there's an update and congrats if you made it through it all! I'll hopefully update soon with pics from the 4th of July! I love the 4th!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenna's outfit is way cute :) I hope your ear gets better soon! I'm not a good sewer, but my mother in-law is great at it. I think it's a great skill to have and can save money on not having to buy clothes. I wish I had more of a desire to learn. Happy 4th!

Tina Johnson said...

THe paint job in bridgers room is awesome! What a lucky boy! Kenna's outfit is darling. Can't wait to see her 4th of July outfit! I hope we see you at Earlene's.

Adam and Ashley said...

Wow! Well done on the painting! I'm so glad that you'll be able to teach me all of your tricks to painting once AJ and I get into a house.

Are you trying to get the 4th of July outfit done by the 4th?

Jenni Call said...

hopefully your ear heals better this time. Ear aches are painful! Love the stripes in Bridger's room and of course Kenna's outfits. Can't wait to see what you whip up for the 4th!!