Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fun stuff...

Now that I am back on my feet, it's been great to do things and get out of the house! So, here are a few things that we have been up to!

*Felicia (Josh's sister) had a birthday on the 28th, so I drove up for the first time since the surgery, with Bridger and Kenna so we could be there for the festivities. Josh wasn't able to make it because of work. We had a great evening! We love Aunt Feli! She is seriously one of the sweetest, most kind people I know! Happy birthday cute Feli! For her birthday, we made calzones, did the cake thing (Bridger blew out half of the candles before we were done singing), and then headed to the park where everyone played kickball. I wasn't able to play it, because I wasn't healed up enough yet. Bridger had a great time running around, and he ran so much that he was all sweaty after...it was kind of cute! They also played a game...can't remember what it is called, something like Destruction... It was a fun day...we love you Aunt Feli!

*Josh's brother, Adam and his wife Ashley are up visiting for a while from California. It's been great having them around and hopefully we'll get to see them a few more times before we leave! Last week Josh and Adam went fishing on the Provo River. On the way home they stopped to eat at a place that their grandpa used to take them to after he would take them fishing. I think Josh and Adam had a good time and they are probably going to fit one more fishing trip in before had leaves.
*We went to Bear Lake this past weekend. We went for a day trip with Josh's family and extended family on Saturday. Everyone had a great time! Josh's parents rented waverunners, his uncle had a boat there, and we all visited and had fun! I mostly hung out under the umbrella with Kenna, as I can't get my ear wet at all...so I didn't dare venture too far out in the water. Bridger loved playing in the water and didn't want to get out even when he was pretty much convulsing from being so cold! After the day trip we headed to my parents' house (we actually stayed at Sheena's house) to see everyone. Josh's sister Kayley was also there, because the Whitney and Dani invited her to come with our family to Bear Lake again...those three have such a great time together, I love it! Everyone headed over to Bear Lake to set up camp Sunday evening. I stayed behind and hung out with Sheena and Jordan (I didn't want to mess with two days of boating with Kenna). Kenna and I headed over Monday evening, camped and went boating with everyone Tuesday. I think everyone had a great time! Bridger is getting so much more comfortable around the water! He jumped off the engine cover of the boat into the water by himself...that is a pretty good jump for a 3 year old! We came home super late last night, exhausted, with a messy house, but had a great time!

3 comments:

Hyrum and Stacey Taft said...

Looks like a lot of fun, glad to hear your healing up fine. Have a good rest of the summer!

Jenni Call said...

I miss you and your family! Looks like you had a wonderful time. So glad you are feeling better.

Neil said...

Thanks sweet Sarah! Cute cute post. Bridger looks so much like his grandpa swimming there swimming! and I love how josh and adam went to the same place they used to with Grandpa, that's cute.