I found out yesterday that a friend's husband was killed in Iraq...he left behind his amazing wife and two adorable little boys. Words cannot even express how I feel, I cannot stop thinking about it. I am just so grateful for all the men and women that serve our country, knowing full well that they may not return and I am just as grateful, if not more, for their families that let them go. These people are truly heroes and make it possible for us to live in a country that we do. I realize that things are not always perfect here, especially with the economy lately, but we are seriously blessed.
Micheal, thank you for your willingness to serve. I did not know Micheal very well, but he was in some of my education classes in college. He taught 5th grade for a few years, before deciding to go into the army. I know that he truly wanted to help better our country and protect our freedoms. He died as a true hero, with an incredible American spirit.
Amy, Kai and Kennet...you guys are all in our thoughts and prayers. I cannot even imagine what you are going through, but know how grateful we are for the sacrifice that you guys have had to make. I know the road that lies ahead will be very rough, but as a nation, we thank you.
God bless the Alleman family and God bless America...




4 comments:
That's so sad. It hits home for me - my brother is in the Army (infantry) and just finshed a 14 month tour in Iraq in December.
Many prayers going out to this family.
What a hero. His poor family. I am selfish enough to be glad my brother John is home safely as of last Thursday. One more brother to go.
That just breaks my heart. I can't imagine moving on after something like that. It's always in the back of your mind when someone you love is over there but I don't think anybody really thinks it will happen to them. Our prayers are with them.
I love that you did this post on your blog. You are awesome.
Post a Comment