Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Kenna's Blessing...

Everyone who helped bless Kenna...Uncle Jordan, Grandpa Curtis, Great Grandpa Johnson, Daddy and Kenna, Grandpa Johnson, Uncle Adam, Bishop Bennett

Grandma and Grandpa Curtis, Sarah, Josh, Kenna, Grandpa and Grandma Johnson, Great Grandma Hendrickson, Great Grandma and Grandpa Johnson

We blessed our beautiful baby Kenna today! It went so perfectly and was such a neat experience! It was actually stake conference for our ward today, but Josh's brother, Adam, already had a plane ticket up so we blessed Kenna in the Relief Society room after Stake conference. At first I wasn't sure how it would be to do it that way, but we really wanted Adam to be a part of it, so we decided to do it in the RS room anyway. The bishop conducted it, we had an opening and closing song/prayer and the blessing. It was so perfect! It all went very well. We also didn't invite a lot of extended family. We had our parents, siblings, and Josh's grandparents. We couldn't invite all of Josh's aunts and uncles (mine live too far away anyway), because we didn't have enough room to accomodate everyone afterward. So, basically it was a very intimate setting and very wonderful. Kenna was an angel all day today! She cried for maybe a total of 2 minutes the entire day. Everyone was commenting on how good she was! She is a good little baby! It was so fun to dress Kenna all up for her blessing. She had the works...a beautiful dress, adorable shoes and lacey socks, a bracelet, a head band and a little ring (the cute ring was on her bracelet because it was too big for her!). She looked so beautiful, like a little princess.
After the blessing, we came back to our place and had a yummy dinner that everyone helped me out with by bringing delicious side dishes. It was a wonderful day. I love my cute little family! I feel so grateful to have a husband who loves me and two beautiful children! Thanks to our family for all of their love and support!

4 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

She looks so sweet - it sounds like it was such a nice day. Your hair looks fabulous, I love it.
BTW - I have your supernanny book, I was going to give it to you when I saw you at playgroup. Where is playgroup this week?....

Anonymous said...

love the pics! sounds like everything went great :) only 2 more weeks til we bless Melanie. Love your fam pic too!

Natée said...

She is absolutely precious! I love how she is smiling in the pics- like she knew it was her special day.

Jenni Call said...

She looks so cute and happy! What a fun day for all your family.